Our two child things (5 and 2) are currently in Hawaii, but we are a military family, and we live where the Army tells us. This blog is designed to keep us in touch with our family and the friends we have made along the way, to offer insight into our turbulent military lifestyle, and to share our experiences as we try out "homing school." So glad you stopped by!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Turn a Bad Day into a Good One

Today was a great day, but there are some that are not. Some days I am rushed and hurried, worrying about taking care of business while trying to entertain two small children and wondering when I'll hear from my husband next. On those days, I like to find some peace by going to youtube and play this song. "Come Thy Fount" is my very favorite hymn. It helps me find my center, find my peace and find my priorities so that I can turn a bad day into a good one.
And while I do love the modern praise and worship music, there are some old hymns like this one that are so powerful and moving that the new stuff just can't hold a candle to it. Those songs are how people did praise and worship before there were big drum sets, high-dollar speakers and overhead projectors in churches. And in my opinion, it probably worked just as well.

No comments: