Our two child things (5 and 2) are currently in Hawaii, but we are a military family, and we live where the Army tells us. This blog is designed to keep us in touch with our family and the friends we have made along the way, to offer insight into our turbulent military lifestyle, and to share our experiences as we try out "homing school." So glad you stopped by!

Monday, February 21, 2011

My Debut as a Portrait Photographer

I am SO not qualified to be a photographer. I did take a photography class in college, but that doesn't count because I learned on a (gasp) FILM CAMERA. But I did really enjoy the class, and since my awesome husband bought me this fancy camera, I sometimes get the idea in my head that I should put it to use and get my money's worth by taking my own portraits.

So I offered to take some pictures of my little sister, who is graduating from high school this year, in addition to her senior portraits. We could take some that are more fun and show her personality more than in the studio. And then she missed the appointment the school made for her at the portrait studio (and is thereby not going to be in the yearbook), so she decided she wanted me not to add to her professional portraits, but to substitute for her professional portraits.
Ack! But I gave it my best shot, and we ended up with a handfull of decent ones. Here are some of my faves. Isn't she lovely?


2 comments:

Amber said...

Great job! And shout out for DP Choir!!! :)

Steve, Amanda, Kyle , Owen, and Madilyn said...

My favorite pic is the first. Great job, Amanda! I have been wanting to take a photography class for a while now. I really need to learn how to use my camera. We have had it for almost two years now and I still dont' understand all the settings.