Our two child things (5 and 2) are currently in Hawaii, but we are a military family, and we live where the Army tells us. This blog is designed to keep us in touch with our family and the friends we have made along the way, to offer insight into our turbulent military lifestyle, and to share our experiences as we try out "homing school." So glad you stopped by!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009


I finally took some smiley pictures of child thing #2 and just had to share the cuteness. :) He has been doing a real "social smile" for several weeks now (and he does it A LOT-he's a very happy baby), I just haven't gotten any pics of those precious smiles until now.


I sort of feel bad about that. The very INSTANT my oldest smiled back at me, I yelled at Scott to bring the camera. But this time around, it took me a couple of weeks to get to it. Shame, shame...



Until recently, I've felt like I've just barely been able to keep my head above water. The transition to two kids has been challenging. And maybe I've had a more difficult time than most, as my life has been in complete upheaval since the day this little happy face was born. Whatever the reasons, for the first month or two I dashed here and there frantically, never getting much of anything done. Just surviving, basically. I'm finally starting to feel like I have a grip on things, and there seems to be at least a small amount of order in my life now. Thank goodness!

So I suppose that means I have a little bit of time for the fun stuff...like enjoying those huge, gurgly baby smiles. :D





2 comments:

Steve, Amanda, Kyle , Owen, and Madilyn said...

I can't believe how big Thomas is getting! Steve and I think that he looks so much like you! Adorable!

Robyn said...

Look at that smile! There is no doubt that you are that baby's mom. He looks just like you.

I can't wait to see Julianna smile back at us. Right now we only get to see gas smiles, but it looks like she's going to have little dimples. Hopefully she'll have perfected that trick by the time you get here in December.