Our two child things (5 and 2) are currently in Hawaii, but we are a military family, and we live where the Army tells us. This blog is designed to keep us in touch with our family and the friends we have made along the way, to offer insight into our turbulent military lifestyle, and to share our experiences as we try out "homing school." So glad you stopped by!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Things a Military Spouse Has to Put Up With #1

Things a military spouse has to put up with #1--living far from home.

About a week ago, my sister-in-law brought a precious little girl into the world (Congratulations, by the way!). Then she sent out this picture. Ack! So sweet! How can you resist such cuteness? And how can I wait another four months to meet my little niece?

I'm certainly not going to complain about Hawaii. I feel very blessed for the chance to live here for a few years, but being so far away from family may possibly be one of the hardest things a military spouse has to put up with. Maybe not as hard as deployments, but still...

When I was a kid, all of my extended family lived pretty close together, so we visited often and always had fun together. It's sad to me that my children won't have that daily interaction with their grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins.


Even though the military life includes some hardships, like living so far away from family, it is not so bad. What life doesn't include hardships, after all? But really...how am I supposed to ignore that pink little bundle, just begging to be cuddled by her auntie Amanda? :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

The little pink bundle wanted her mommy to tell you that she's counting down to Christmas when she can hang out with her Hawaiian adventurers. We should take all the kids to get photos taken in thier Christmas outfits.