Our two child things (5 and 2) are currently in Hawaii, but we are a military family, and we live where the Army tells us. This blog is designed to keep us in touch with our family and the friends we have made along the way, to offer insight into our turbulent military lifestyle, and to share our experiences as we try out "homing school." So glad you stopped by!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Am I Becoming OCD?



Not long ago I was watching an episode of "John and Kate Plus 8." Yes, I watched the show. And enjoyed it. But I promise I never bought a tabloid reveling in their divorce...I only read them in line at the commissary. Anyway, the family was on vacation, and Kate would not let her kids walk bare footed in the hotel room. They spread a maze of towels out all over the place so they would not have to touch the floor. I thought, "Wow, she is really OCD." Come to think of it, that's not the only time I ever thought that while watching that show.

Well guess who is swallowing her words now? It's me. Since we arrived in Hawaii, we have been staying at a hotel. The first couple of days, I didn't think anything about walking bare footed. But then...a certain 3-year-old spilled some water on the carpet. I grabbed a white hotel towel to soak it up, and it came up looking like this:



Ewwwwwww!!!!! Never again will I go shoeless in a hotel. The photo doesn't do it justice, by the way. It looked much blacker in real life.

No comments: