Our two child things (5 and 2) are currently in Hawaii, but we are a military family, and we live where the Army tells us. This blog is designed to keep us in touch with our family and the friends we have made along the way, to offer insight into our turbulent military lifestyle, and to share our experiences as we try out "homing school." So glad you stopped by!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Settling In

Thank goodness, our move to Texas is over! Now that it's behind me and I'm settling in to our new house, I am so happy I made the choice to move. We finally have the chance to be a part of our relatives' daily lives and they are a part of ours. This weekend we got to attend a niece's first birthday party, which is SUCH a special event, and one that--as an Army family--we would kind of expect to miss. I am also finally getting my fix of certain food items that just aren't the same away from Texas: fajitas, kolaches, Blue Bell, brisket, hand-made tortillas, etc...
And we are so blessed to have the house that we do. My oh-so-generous relatives offered to let us live in a home they moved out of about 5 years ago but never put on the market. I may get so spoiled living here that I never want to go back to military housing again. This house has way more space than we are used to and is on a lot with a few acres, which we are loving! In fact, Scott, if you are reading this, our next place has got to have a little land! You can get a riding lawn mower!

No comments: